Thursday, October 11, 2012

Boredom discoveries

A few days left and I'm turning into a twenty-something girl (woman?) who refuses to adhere to the society's immature belief that girls like my age should go, get a life, and settle down. 

Settling down? What settling down? Right now, I'm in my first year of college, a long overdue one. I'm quite enjoying the freedom of being a college student, the perks and the stress that comes with it. I'm learning new things... quite a bit, literally.. But the most important thing of all? I'm rediscovering myself.

I am, painstakingly, enduring some twinges of regret here and there because I haven't done any of this enjoyable things before. I was maddeningly glued to a single thought that turned out to be so fuckingly retarded: getting there. If you know me, you know what I'm talking about. Here comes the but.

It's annoying, really... to be at this age without having the means to live my life to the fullest. It's annoying because I could've done this before, but then again, it's better late than never. Rediscovering myself? That's the juicy part. I discovered that I'm really into guys who have chinky eyes, and I'm damn consistent. I discovered that I could have a crush on someone without having to resort to pathetic little text messages that would give him the red flag. Lastly, I discovered that being friendzoned is the worst feeling ever. Hahaha!

Seriously, why am I even bothering to write all these? Well, birthday girl (that's me, having the birthday jitters and the fear of growing old, lol), you are so bored with the semestral break that you want to go kick ass outside.

On second thought... never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment