Sunday, March 11, 2012

Because it's too mainstream



Ohhh yes. The Magnum Ice Cream bandwagon. Everybody is posting pictures about this magnificent ice cream, and now I'm also doing it. Sarcasm.

Was this highly publicized in the Philippines for them to even use this word as a verb as lame as "magnum'd"?  I admit it's magnificent and delicious, sometimes I buy myself a six pack of this and eat the half (double caramel double chocolate flavor, just because I want to say it) and end up really satisfied.

But do they really need to post this stuff everywhere, like they're boasting they eat an expensive ice cream? Do they really need to let everybody know that they can afford to buy it? There are a lot of people starving in the Philippines and they don't need to know that some people have eaten a stick of ice cream that costs more than they earn a day. I know, I'm greatly exaggerating, and I'm hoping they're getting the gist.

I don't have anything against this ice cream, on the contrary, I love it, too. I just don't get why people get so fucking conformists. And then they're asking why there are so many haters.

No comments:

Post a Comment