Monday, March 19, 2012

Jinx: A Review

Jinx by Meg Cabot
It has been a while since I've been wanting to read this book. The plot is actually interesting and the author is Meg Cabot - I know, I know. I'm like a teenager who reads books like this one. But hey, she is good. Even though the stories are a bit shallow for young adults like me, her books keep me reading until I haven't finished. This one, I have finished in one sitting. As an insomniac, reading books is what helps mo go through the night. It helps me relax and make my eyes tired so that sleep would come by easily. I've read it from 1 o'clock in the morning until 4 o'clock and a half... I know, it's a bit slow, really, for a 262-page book. I've read it on my phone, though, as it was an ePub.

I generally liked it. The story isn't really something that would grip you and make you feel like wanting more in the end, but it will teach you something. The heroine, for me, is a bit coward and gullible. That's her character. Maybe I liked the antagonist's character more, because she's strong and she doesn't like to be stepped on. But all good stories should have good characters, one that would stir sympathy and affection from their readers, or just like here, a guy that would make you swoon. I just have one question: if Asian girls like me read it, and from the perspective of the majority of us (I would like to think so), would we find the guy so helluva attractive with his American hair and American eyes? Because frankly, it is not my preference. But to each his own, they say. Either way, both the girls in the story are attractive in their own way, and the guy is like - yea, the guy of your dreams. 

I just hope there is a sequel to this one, one that would explain so much, because I think Ms. Cabot has left a lot for the reader to wonder about. 

So 3 out of 5 stars! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment