Friday, January 6, 2012

tl;dr

I am insomniac and really nocturnal. They are two of the many reasons why I sleep in the morning and wake up in the afternoon. I don't sleep for eight frigging hours. I am lucky if I get to sleep in, and that is when I sleep until 2pm. The rest of my family puts it as laziness, not really considering the factor that if the neuroceptors don't get enough REM sleep, they lose their sensitivity to serotonin and norepinephrine, which leads to impaired cognitive function. And just like Sheldon Cooper, if I don't have my serotonin, things would get bad.

When things get bad, I get irritable. That is the reason why I get angry with my mother yelling her throat out in the morning, my sister who pokes my head for me to wake up, and my brother who has this habit of turning on the blessed lights and opening the damn doors when I'm sleeping. 

According to them, it is the reason why I get fat.
According to me, the reason why I get fat is because I eat too much and I don't have enough sleep because they keep waking me up.

You see? It's a neverending cycle. 

They don't frickin' realize that insomnia is not a joke. It is almost synonym of being a drug addict who can't sleep and eat and just think for the whole night. They don't understand that I feel aggravated when they disturb me, and I also feel helluva pissed when I hear them talking about me-not-waking-up-early when I'm just a room away, just like what they're doing right now.

And yes, who would know that I feel like this? No one. Because fuck them, they don't bother to listen.

And Mom, I may be fat and lazy and according to your clothes that I ironed out a while back: I don't do anything.. well, surprise, surprise, I am not deaf and I can hear you out here.

PS. I am not fat. They just think I am because they have Megan Fox's body. DUH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment