Monday, January 2, 2012

Ab Ovo

Ab Ovo ; from the beginning

Happy New Year!! Here I am, yet again at another attempt at blogging. I, myself, really don't understand why I have this need to blog but not having enough drive to maintain it. I think I'm making fun of myself while I repeatedly do this.

But since it's New Year, and we're not supposed to begin a sentence with a conjunction, I'm writing again; and I want to take this opportunity to write the now cliché New Year's resolutions. This way, I have it in black and white and will serve as my checklist for the future. HAHAHA.

Here goes.

. To reconnect with people. I want to reconnect with my online buddies, friends and/or relatives, former classmates and former flames. Kidding!! :) Seriously, a lot of time has passed and it has been taken for granted which is why I want to take this opportunity to start to break the ice again.

. To be more patient and less temperamental. I have always considered myself as a patient person. Someone once told me, "The world belongs to the patient man." Lately, though, I have noticed that my patience is now reduced to a series of oaths and expletives. Hahaha.

. To be braver. I haven't realized until the end of 2011 that I am not brave. I am strong, but I lack the courage to take risks. This year, I am hoping to change that.

. To study  until my nose bleeds. I am just kidding on the nose bleed part.

. To be frugal. Hahaha I am not a spender because frankly, I don't have much money to spend, but when I do, I spend waaay too  much. This is definitely something that I need to change!

2011 has been both good and bad to me. I have learned many lessons, made the same mistakes to learn from the same lessons again. Experience, as what you may call it. I have almost exhausted all my emotional strengths and resources, lost hope and the have it back again. But the biggest lesson I have learned: never take yourself for granted. :)

Happy New Year!! May the water dragon  bring us good luck, success, and fortune!!

2 comments:

  1. I see a lot of people having "to reconnect" at the top of their new year's resolutions this year and I think that's so great. We learn from our relationships so it's always good to maintain them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! its great to see you blogging again! :) And cheers to reconnection! *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete