Sunday, January 8, 2012

From butterflies to dragonflies

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath.
Tell me that we belong together, dress it up with the trappings of love..


It's six thirty-five in the morning and here I am, lethargic and sleepless, attempting to blog my thoughts away. I had already spent the last forty-five minutes or so watching A Cinderella Story. Oh yes. Chad Michael Murray. I was already inside my not-so-comfortable comforter, completely snuggled when I suddenly had the wise idea to watch something rather than struggle to sleep with thoughts overflowing.

I'll be your crying shoulder
I'll be love suicide
I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life


It's funny when I couldn't feel anything aside from nostalgia when I watched their football slash kiss in the rain scene. I used to feel those funny little butterflies in my stomach, and should I say I miss that feeling?

I'm getting pretty much older, I age every year and I do not have any Philosopher's Stone with me to stop me from aging. I hate it.  I hate the fact that my world is not revolving backwards and I don't get any younger. Chad Michael Murray being 30 years old is an example of my fading adolescence and a sign that I have to fully embrace adulthood.

Oh life.

I'm just missing someone and for the past four years I have felt that my world is somehow stagnant, there is that deep sense of nostalgia and solitude that no one can ever decipher.

No comments:

Post a Comment