Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snowy Getaway

Hello February! Hello commercialized Hearts' Day!! Hahaha!

February is the shortest month of the year and that would make it the "lugi" month for the monthly transportation fee. Imagine to only pay for 28 (this year, 29) days! -_- But anyway, here in Milan, February is for late white Christmas because it snowed on the 2nd and 3rd!! :) For most people, it meant pictures!!!

My love-and-hate relationship with the snow is rather lame. I only love the snow when they're like crystals: sparkling and oh-so-white. But it also boils down to the fact that when it melts, it's hell for everybody. For a person who is as clumsy as I am, it is definitely a day to dread. But then again, since I haven't got a decent photo of myself on a snow-filled city, my sister and I decided to brave the weather and go out to shop for a few things while people were all at the comfort of their homes, thus, making the shops empty-free from sale-hungry citizens. We also took the moment to take photos of ourselves. :) Some Italians have mistaken us for Asian tourists while we're out and about. Here goes!

Those little white things are actually snowflakes! My beret was full of them!! :)
A much larger (and fatter) version of the picture above while we were walking along the street. The city was deserted that I was beginning to love the solitude. However, the camera's battery died! :))
My sister took this picture and much to my chagrin, it went out quite alright albeit it showed my shortness. Hahaha! My wool jacket and leather boots weren't really adapted to the snow, but then again, who cares? Everybody we encountered that snowy day was definitely not on their usual city-outfits.

Which takes me back to my current dilemma: the melting point. Right now the temperature is really dropping down to 12 degrees Celsius below zero and the wind outside can freeze my face. The ice is turning to water and some pavements are really slippery. It makes me think about hibernating at home and not go out until they have all melted.

So there, so much for an update. Sorry for my chubby face! I promise to be sexy soon! :)) I miss my skinny days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment