Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Post credits

For the nth time (I have lost track at how many times I tried to write again), I am willing myself to write. I am willing myself to let the words in my head swim through these keys. So here I am, really trying. As I am writing this, I am staring at my beautiful cousin whose eyes are imploring me to take a look at her while she's turning on every light in this house. I must resist.

For the last months since I have written my last blog post, so many things have happened. This post, I would like to dedicate to the apparent end of my freshman year in college with flying colors. Who would have thought that I still have it in me?

My "success" in finishing a topsy-turvy year is marked by different things, by ups and downs but mostly by the latter. I have lost myself and I am now on the process of finding it again, albeit uneasily.

With this, I would like to dedicate this year to you, yes you, you know who you are. This is a mutual dream, a long overdue one, for me to finally try to go back to school again with the hopes that I will live my true potential. This is a mutual dream: a dream that has brought us together; a dream that we have, for such a long time, been dreaming consistently, almost always the topics of our long conversations and the ending of our realizations.

Thank you for believing in me. I would not be here if not for you. You were there for me amidst all the indecisiveness that has once plagued me. You were there for me, encouraging me and giving me something that I could hold on to.

Thank you. Even if you will not bother to read this anymore, I still feel grateful, so I give the credits to you. Thank you. You will always be a part of me. We will remember each other for so many things, and this one is one of them.

Thank you for breaking my heart, for breaking my spirit, but most of all, thank you for the courage, the strength and the love for myself that I have rediscovered.

This one goes to you... The rest of the years that will follow, I will dedicate to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment